You do not need to have any experience playing roleplaying games to play FS Dice. It’s easy to learn, and you can play with your friends, family or anyone else you want!
You can also play in groups of 2 or more people. If you don’t have enough players for a game session, it’s no problem! You can still play with your group as long as they know how to read and write English. But if they don’t speak English well enough yet then they will probably not understand what happens during gameplay which would make the entire experience a little confusing so maybe it would be better if they didn’t come over until they’re ready?
Anybody can play, regardless of experience
You don’t need to know how to play before starting a game. You can learn as you go, or even just ask a friend who has played before. In 1v1 games, players draw from the same deck of cards. The first person to get seven cards is the winner, so whether you’re new or experienced, there’s no wrong way to play—and that’s what makes it so fun.
All you need is dice, a few people and an imagination
All you need to play is roll a dice, a few people and an imagination. The game can be played anywhere – at home or in a pub – and doesn’t require any great artistic ability.
Everybody makes up their own character, the players and the Game Master (GM)
- The GM is the one who describes the world around you. They give you information about your surroundings and what’s happening, but they don’t make decisions for you. Instead, they let you do whatever seems most fun to you at that moment in time!
- When something happens in the game (like a monster attacking), it’s up to both players and GMs to decide how things play out. If one player wants their character to fight back against this monster, then another player might decide that this is an awesome idea.
Gameplay involves the GM describing situations, then players rolling dice to see what happens next
In a typical game of The Dice Game, the GM will describe a situation to the players and ask them to roll dice. Then, depending on the result of their rolls, they can do one of three things:
- Keep their current character in play by rolling again and taking the new result into account
- Retire their current character from play if it’s no longer useful or fun for them to keep playing as that character
- Make another fictional decision within your newfound knowledge of what happened in this scenario
If you’re ready to play right now, go ahead! Head over to the Quick Start Guide
There are also some rules documents available on our website. The Quick Start Guide is a good place to start, but there’s more information available if you want it.
And that’s it! You’ve made it through the full guide to FS Dice, and are ready to play. If you want a quick taste of the game before diving into Character Creation and Campaign Creation. We hope you have fun playing FS Dice.