Are you aware of the fact that magic mushroom treats depression? Nowadays, depression has become the leading cause of death. Many people suffer from depression and end up taking their life. Magic mushroom contains psilocybin that activates the serotonin receptors of the brain. However, the effect of this compound varies from person to person. Several people have different personalities and mental states and have various body conditions that respond to this mushroom. If the person has a mental illness or feels anxious, then the risks are pretty high. Even if you have a family history of mental illness, it is better to stay away from this magic mushroom gummies. Several stores allow you to purchase mushroom online. However, the after-effects of this mushroom are psychological distress, hallucination, anxiety, and panic attracts. Some people experience distress that is a form of extreme anxiety and short-term psychosis.
Role of Psilocybin in depression treatment:
There are a lot of controversies over the use of magic mushrooms as a treatment for depression. Researchers are working on magic mushrooms to check either it works as a depression treatment or not. Recently, two experiments have been conducted on the effect of psilocybin on depression. One study showed that psilocybin reduces depression symptoms without dulling emotions while the other study showed that it acts as a therapeutic agent against different health conditions. In some areas, it is still considered unsafe and illegal.
When it comes to magic mushrooms, several risks are associated with them. Some of them are listed below,
- People who consume magic mushrooms while driving can experience reckless behaviors. In this regard, a person can suffer a loss.
- Some people can experience persistent, distress and it can interfere with normal body functioning. The distressing can cause visual effects to last from weeks to several years.
- The condition known as hallucinogen persisting perception disorder (HPPD) can result from consuming magic mushrooms. The disease is also known as a flashback that increases the intensity of an upsetting experience. Thus, the overall condition can cause serious harm to your health.
- Sometimes, an individual can experience unpleasant effects rather than hallucinations such as agitation, psychosis, syndromes, confusion, and fear. All these symptoms resemble schizophrenia which is an alarming situation and requires an emergency room.
- Many doctors prescribe different medicine and the effect goes away within 6-8 hours.
- The risk of magic mushrooms is not adverse as a poisonous mushroom. Many people confuse magic mushroom with a poisonous mushroom that causes serious damage to human health.
- A symptom of mushroom poisoning is different from the magic mushroom. That includes confusion, muscle spasm, and delirium. In case of these symptoms, contact the doctor.
- The hallucinogenic effect of both mushrooms is the same. So, a person should keep the mushrooms away from the children’s reach.
- Other symptom includes gastrointestinal illness that requires medical attention.
Psilocybin is not chemically addictive, but some individual becomes tolerant to its effects due to regular use. So, a person should wait for several days to experience full effects. After the use of psilocybin, an individual can experience psychological and physiological withdrawal.